- STEREO TOTAL - Ah! Quel Cinema! (Tapete)
- PRINCE - Originals (Warner Bros)
- SOUNDS OF LIBERATION - Unreleased (Columbia University 1973) (Dogtown / Brewerytown Beats Records)
- THE ART ENSEMBLE OF CHICAGO - We Are On The Edge - A 50th Anniversary Celebration (Pi Recordings)
- PURPLE MOUNTAINS - Purple Mountains (Drag City)
- 'BLUE' GENE TYRANNY AND PETER GORDON - Trust In Rock (Unseen Worlds)
- CONSTANT MONGREL - Experts In Skin (Upset the Rhythm!)
- ALICE COHEN & THE CHANNEL 14 WEATHER TEAM - Artificial Fairytales (NNA Tapes)
- TRASH KIT - Horizon (Upset the Rhythm)
- BIG BLOOD - The Daughters Union (Feeding Tube)
- MUERAN HUMANOS - Hospital Lullabies (Cinema Paradiso)
- ANATOLIAN WEAPONS FEAT. SEIRIOSSAVVAIDIS - To The Mother Of Gods (Beats In Space)
- ALESSANDRO ALESSANDRONI - Prisma Sonoro (Roundtable)
- DYLAN MOON - Only The Blues (RVNG Intl.)
- BILL CALLAHAN - Shepherd in a Sheepskin Vest (Drag City)
- DSORDNE - È Un Sole (Dark Entries)
- MERIDIAN BROTHERS - Donde Estas Maria? (Soundway)
- ANNA HOMLER - Deliquium in C (Prasens Editionen)
- THE BOSTON TYPEWRITER ORCHESTRA - Termination Without Prejudice, Volume 1 (No Label)
- SARAH BETHE NELSON - Weird Glow (Burger Records)
- BADGE EPOQUE ENSEMBLE - Badge Epoque Ensemble (Telephone Explosion)
- TY SEGALL - First Taste (Drag City)
- BEDOUINE - Bird Songs of a Killjoy (Spacebomb)
- SPAZA - Spaza (Mushroom Hour Half Hour)
- NUN - The Dome (HoZac)
- PIP BLOM - Boat (Heavenly / PIAS)
- CHRISTELLE BOFALE - Swim Team (Father/Daughter)
- OKKOTO - Fear the Veil Not the Void (Self-Released)
- WOJCIECH RUSIN - The Funnel (Akashic Records)
- COLLATE - Symptomatic (Self-Released)
- IVAN ZOLOTO - Compass (CANT)
- TRESQUE - Tendresse, Encore (Zamzamrec)
- KI ONI - You Made It Out Of The Forest Alive (Atlantic Rhythms)
- COURTIS / MOORE - 2283 (Gertrude Tapes)
- SINDRE BJERGA - Hesitation Marks (Eh?)
- DONKEY NO NO - Pretty Confusing (Feeding Tube)
- GWASG GELERT - Y Cod Da Vinci (Strategic Tape Reserve)
- CHURCH SHUTTLE - Mind Leash (anathema archive)
- NOTHING ON SEMBLE - Corners and There Places (Feeding Tube)
- CONSTANT MONGREL - Experts In Skin (Upset the Rhythm)
- SUSS - Chisholm Trail b / w Aurora (Northern Spy)
- BUSH TETRAS - There Is A Hum (Third Man)
- MATT GIMMICK - Detroit Renaissance '79 EP (HoZac)
- THE OILIES - Psychic Dog (Fruits and Flowers)
- TERRY - Who's Terry? (Upset the Rhythm)
- COLOURED BALLS - Won't You Make Up Your Mind b/w Devils Disciple (Just Add Water)
- FAMOUS LOGS IN HISTORY - Memories of the Space Age (Fuzzy Warbles Cassettes)
- PRUDE BOYS - The Reunion // Daddy (Grumble Records)
- PARLOURS - Who will listen to aches that Everyone has (Penultimate Press)
Radiovert Reads: The conclusion of Monday's Monk by Jason Sanford
Wednesday, August 21st, 7pm - 8pm
on Radiovert with Nicole
Wait...conclusion? Head to the Radiovert archives to catch up on what you missed! Which, incidentally, was a lot of ghosts, guts,death defying nano, and a Buddhist monk keeping it all real. Join Nicole this Wednesday from 7 to 8 as she reads the...rest....of the story.
The 11th Annual Evan "Funk" Davies Show Disco/Dance Party!
Wednesday, August 21st, 9pm - Midnight
on The Evan "Funk" Davies Show
Inthesummertime EFD's thoughts turn to disco, and as he's done every summer for the past 10 years he'll convert those thoughts into three hours of non-stop disco/dance tunes from the mid-'70s to early '80s. Spin that disco ball as EFD becomes your boogie man and lets the music play as the beat goes on! Be listening Wednesday night August 21st from 9pm til midnight!
Saturday, August 24th, 11am - 1pm
on Michael Shelley's show
Michael chats with members of Berkeley, California based Power-Pop heroes The Rubinoos about their almost50 year history andthier new Chuck Prophet produced lp "From Home."
Jesse Malin & Randy Bachman
Saturday, August 24th, 3pm - 6pm
on Todd-o-phonic Todd's show
Jesse Malin and Todd talk about all Jesse's role in the New York scene over the years and Jesse's new Wicked Cool album, Sunset Kids. Later, Randy Bachman of The Guess Who and Bachman Turner Overdrive will talk about his early days in Winnipeg, his weekly radio show, Randy's Vinyl Tap, and the show he's performing at Sony Hall later that evening.
South Indian Veena Virtuoso Saraswathi Ranganathan + Brian Keigher of World Music Institute
Saturday, August 24th, 6pm - 9pm
on Transpacific Sound Paradise with Rob Weisberg
Saraswathi Ranganathan and percussionist Ganapathi Ranganathan join us along with the World Music Institute's new Artistic Director Brian Keigher to honor the official launch of the new WMI season. Saraswathi Ranganathan performs on the South Indian veena at Hudson Valley sculpture park Storm King the following afternoon, on August 25th.
Monday, August 26th, 9am - Noon
on Surface Noise with Joe McGasko
Inspired by the sound of American primitive guitar players like John Fahey and Jake Rose, Spanish guitarist Conrado Isasa creates his own spin on solo acoustic guitar.Currently on tour in America, Isasa stops by Surface Noise to play music from his latest, third album "Insilio," as well as new, as yet unrecorded music.
Monday, August 26th, Noon -3pm
on Three Chord Monte with Joe Belock
Raw, no holds barred punk rock and roll from Brooklyn led by ex-Livids guitarist Daniel Kelley. The band returns to WFMU to play a blistering live set featuring songs from their just-released second self-titled LP.
Nick Blakey, Smog Veil Records and producer of the Peter Laughner Box Set
Tuesday, August 27th, 9pm - Midnight
on Burn It Down! with Nate K.
Peter Laughner died at the age of twenty-four, yet his impact on the Cleveland punk scene of the 1970s, and the U.S. underground in general, remains the stuff of legend. Nick Blakey, owner of Smog Veil records, spent a decade compiling the definitive retrospective of Laughner's music available August 2. He joins Nate the K. to discuss the release and the life and work of this complicated, tragic genius.
Wednesday, August 28th, 9pm - Midnight
on The Evan "Funk" Davies Show
The Philadelphia trio Control Top bring their aggro post-punk sound to WFMU for what promises to be an outstanding live set. Sample lyric: "Who’s the bull in the china shop now? / Check out this spectacular cow!" That pretty much says it all. They're playing with Ted Leo at White Eagle Hall on August 24, and will be touring with Titus Andronicus next month.
Carl Stone and Akaihirume
Friday, September 6th, 9am - Noon
on Radio Ravioli with Olivia
Live computer music pioneer Carl Stone and Akaihirume, a singer from Japan, will stop by to play music and chat. Together they'll be performing at Murmrr Theatre in Brooklyn the following night with Matmos, Alex Zhang Hungtai, and Pierre Guerineau of Essaie Pas.
Thu August 29 – Surfer Blood/Hamish Kilgour | tickets
Tue Sept 3 – Kevin Morby Duo/William Tyler | sold out
Fri Sept 13 – The Appleseed Cast/Muscle Worship | tickets
Sat Sept 14 – The Low Doses/Dany Laj and The Looks/Jacques Le Coque/Elevator Operators | tickets
Wed Sept 18 – The Long Ryders/Sarah Borges & Eric “Roscoe” Ambe | tickets
Subscribe to our Monty Hall e-mail list to get the latest show announcements and updates.