- FANTASTIC PALACE - Ringlets & Gaskets (Dot Dash Sounds)
- JEFF TOBIAS - Music From Milky Way (Yes Reality)
- SEA MOSS - Remoss2 (Ramp Local)
- WEEGEE - Primitive Thrill (Weegee)
- NON PLUS TEMPS - Dark On Harmon EP (Public Nipples Unlimited)
- DAMON SMITH/LOUIS WALL/NNN COOK - Fire Point (Notice Recordings)
- SANDY EWEN/JASON NAZARY - A Beaded Gesture (Notice Recordings)
- PROBLEMS - I've Got Problems (Orb Tapes)
- PRIVATE SORROW - More Disturbance (Midnight Mines)
- SULTRY - Promotional Not to Be Sold (Culture Desert)
- WATER MACHINE - Raw Liquid Power (Upset! The Rhythm)
- A RAINCOAT - It Came In the Night (Just Add Water)
- BONEHEADS - New Jersey (Bonehead)
- LA JUNGLE - 7" EP (Hyperjungle)
- GUMBO - The Devils/We Don't Care (Just Add Water)
- JEAN CLAUDRIC - Jeu de Dames (Born Bad)
- JOHN KRAUSBAUER & DAVID MARANHA - Bringing It Back (Public Eyesore)
- STEF + THE SLEEVEENS - Give My Regards to the Dancing Girls (Sweet Time Records)
- ROCKIN' HORSE - Julian the Hooligan (Just Add Water)
- SENSATION SEEKERS - It's Clappin' Time (Spinout Nuggets)
*These are releases that we didn't receive a physical copy of but have been playing digitally.
- BELBURY POLY - The Path (Ghost Box)
- PEGGY GOU - (It Goes Like) Nanana [Single] (XL Recordings)
- KATH BLOOM - Finally (Chapter Music)
- ELATU NESSA - Pääportti (Ultraääni Records)
- 75 DOLLAR BILL - POWER FAILURES (Karl Records)
- BEND THE WEST - JECT (Self Released)
- CHELA - Diagonal Drift (Ramble Records)
- M. SAGE & ZANDER RAYMOND - Parayellowgram (Moon Glyph)
- NIKMIS - Depends On Much (Third Kind Records)
- SIMON JOYNER / MICHAEL KRASSNER / FRED LONBERG HOLM - This is Where the Ocean Begins (Self Released)
Robbie Robertson special rebroadcast!
Tuesday, September 5th, 5pm - 7pm
on Todd-o-phonic Todd's show (on Give the Drummer Radio stream)
Give the Drummer Radio rebroadcasts Todd-O-Phonic Todd's February 15, 2020 interview with the recently deceased Robbie Robertson. Todd and Robbie discuss the roots of Robbie's rock'n'roll indoctrination as well as Ronnie Hawkins, The Band, and mucjh more. Don't miss the opportunity to catch this exquisite interview again or for the first time.
Musician of the Generations: Mohamed Abdel Wahab
Wednesday, September 6th, 7pm - 10pm
on Bodega Pop with Gary Sullivan (on Give the Drummer Radio stream)
So fierce was composer Mohamed Abdel Wahab, Egyptian diva Oum Kalthoum refused for decades to work with him, fearing he’d upstage her. When the two finally collaborated, they produced several of Kalthoum’s greatest songs, including "Enta Omri," "Fakarouni," and "Laylet Hob." This tribute focuses on rare 45s, LPs, and cassettes of Abdel Wahab’s own recordings, with a few covers and songs written for others woven in.
WLSClark Takes Over Flot's Spot
Thursday, September 7th, 9pm - 11pm
on Flot's Spot with Fatherflot (on Rock'n'Soul Radio stream)
Rock & Soul Stream superfan and radio aficionado WLSClark takes charge of Flot's Spot for two hours of terrifying substitute teacher hazing. Sez WLS: "Well, I finally sent that kid, Father Flot, off to school! Unfortunately, that means YOU are stuck with ME as a substitute teacher. If you dare to attend class, be prepared for 60s reel to reel radio static as well as 60's and NON-60's music from the 60's guy! As the Who "Substitute" says, "I look pretty young, but I'm just back-dated." Note to Bunny: You Can't Cancel Clark!
Live from the Rhythm in the Kitchen Festival
Saturday, September 9th, 2pm - 5pm
on Music For a Free World with Dave Sewelson (on Give the Drummer Radio stream)
Today's episode of Music For a Free World is broadcasting live from the Rhythm in the Kitchen Festival at Prime Produce in New York City. The program will feature performances by Toadal Package and Sana Nagano Ensemble, along with interviews with many of the participating musicians.
Saturday, September 9th, 3pm - 6pm
on Todd-o-phonic Todd's show
Max Clarke and Cut Worms return to the Todd-O-Phonic Todd show for a live performance to celebrate the release of their new eponymous album on Jagjaguwar Records. The record once again showcases Max's brilliant baroque influenced songwriting. Catch Cut Worms on tour in a town near. you!
Tiers La Familia Live Set
Sunday, September 10th, Midnight - 3am
on Radioactivity with Abbie From Mars
Queens-based art-damaged synth trio Tiers La Familia performs live on RadioActivity with Abbie from Mars.
Jenn Pelly guest hosts!
Sunday, September 10th, 5pm - 6pm
on Radio Row
With a freeform mix.
Sarah guest hosts!
Sunday, September 17th, 5pm - 6pm
on Radio Row
Tune in for a cross-genre journey through your dreams.
Friday, September 22nd, 9pm - Midnight
on Burn It Down! with Nate K.
Holland's loveliest export since the tulip, Lewsberg brings its Velvets-inspired minimalism and deadpan delivery to WFMU for a live session on Burn It Down! with Nate K. On the heels of a brand new album on 12XU, Out and About, the acclaimed combo is embarking on its first ever tour of the US and will be at Union Pool on Wednesday, September 20. Nate the K. is honored to have them on the show. Be there for the history!
Bob Brainen & Pete Tomlinson Present The Beau Brummels & Sopwith Camel
Saturday, September 23rd, 11am - 2pm
on Bob Brainen's show (on Give the Drummer Radio stream)
Whenever anyone thinks of or documents "The San Francisco Sound" these two bands are rarely included. They were both a bit too early, had hit singles, and were associated with AM radio. They just didn't fit the narrative. We don't care. To us they made great records and that's all that matters and you can tune in and join us listening to them!
Noir Lover guest hosts!
Sunday, September 24th, 5pm - 6pm
on Radio Row
Brazilian sounds for your heart and hips
Stereogram #5 w/ Arvo Zylo
Tuesday, September 26th, 9pm - 11pm
on Mid-Valley Mutations with Austin Rich (on Sheena's Jungle Room Stream)
Arvo Zylo returns to Sheena's Jungle Room, for another quarterly report, and this one is titled: in search of any sign of significance. Two hours of recent discoveries, and a few morbid tributes, as we let some of the grimness of the season seep in. Stereogram #5 is another in a series of radio broadcasts from Arvo as he remains quarantined in an abandoned bomb shelter at the bottom of the ocean."
Drop In Presents: BnowB’s - A Soul Full of Hip-Hop
Saturday, September 30th, 6pm - 7pm
on Drop-In (on Rock'n'Soul Radio stream)
Join listener BnowB for an hour of Soulful Hip-Hop and Rap. For fans of Put the Needle on the Record & The Billy Jam Fam. So “Drop In” for the show that’s got a pinch of this a dash of that and anything else that’s not flat. Only on WFMU’s Rock N Soul Stream.
Steve guest hosts!
Sunday, October 1st, 5pm - 6pm
on Radio Row
Rocknroll explorations from near and far
Thurs Sep 14 – Das Damen, The Special Pillow | tickets
Sat Sep 16 – Photocell Theremin Building Workshop | SOLD OUT
Sat Sep 23 – The Patrick Swayze film festival | tickets
Sat Sep 30 – NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD with an original live score by Morricone Youth | tickets
Thurs Oct 5 – LOLA | tickets
Sat Oct 21 – Sea Monkeys | tickets